Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday Quietude!

Morning weigh-in: 167#, 8% BF (well I guess I know where the heavy food is)
 
"Soldiers, as we often say, do revolt; were it not so, several things which are transient in this world might be perennial." -- Thomas Carlyle
 
Today In History: On this date in 1989, a man stood in front of a tank.
 
Anyway, gym last night but no run, I had a bit of a late start and couldn't fit it in. Dinner was Christian Springs, which is becoming something of a "supper club," as we now have a small group of Thursday regulars. Tonight is the towpath, then I'm going up to the Poconos to crash at Joe's place, so we can carpool up to that ride near Scranton tomorrow. He said Sue's doing the cooking, so I said OK...
 
Local Hero: Go Rob!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. Tiananmen Square. I remember it well. It's surprising to me to learn they still don't know the identity of the man who stood there.

Wow!! What a story on Rob!! And SO deserving! I'll have to keep that one.

Enjoy your weekend, Don!

Anonymous said...

First the piece on Rob, and now the piece on the VMB in today's (Sunday) Express-Times. You guys have become local celebrities. Another article I'm keeping. ;-)

Don said...

Isn't that cool? Doug showed me that article today.

Don said...

I think I spent all last week one day behind the resto fthe world: the tank thing was the 5th, and Friday was D-Day which I missed. Oh well... Happy Birthday Dad!