Tuesday, June 17, 2008

How Can You Put The Genie Back In The Toothpaste Tube?

Morning weigh-in: 167#, 7.5% BF
 
Did a little "active rest" yesterday: a beginner yoga class and some laundry; dinner was Taco Bell. So, I'm slowly pushing myself back into my routine...
 
The weekend:
 
Well, I guess I should start with Thursday night, because I got a chance to see West Coast Megan, back in town to visit friends and celebrate her upcoming wedding. (Her boyfriend proposed to her on the giant screen at a baseball game.) She had her bachelorette party Friday I think; this was just the usual "supper club" crowd at Christian's Spring Hotel and she's been close friends with Judy's daughter since like milk-money days, so the two of them came out. A couple of extra peeps at the supper table, then when the cigar crowd came in we took over the other room (comfy chairs, no smoking), where Bill & Danielle also joined us. Nice night out.
 
Friday was a baseball game, with Anne F and a few of her friends. Triple-A, Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, it was actually a lot of fun (they won). Great stadium, our seats were awesome, and it really was all about the food & beer -- too bad something disagreed with me, my stomach was in knots for the drive home.
 
Saturday was my usual "selfish day," then Saturday night I hit Porters where I ran into old-school bartender Carrie, also Megan one last time, and Sunday was a long ride, towpath/Sals (with breakfast & lunch stops), before trekking down to Jackson for Father's Day.
 
Tonight is the Tuesday training ride.

No comments: