Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blast From The Past

Morning weigh-in: 166#, 10.5% BF
 
Yoga last night, yoga this morning... road ride tonight unless it rains, in which case I'm hitting the gym. Dinner will be Christian Springs Hotel, where I expect to see Ann, Judy, Lee, and the rest of the Which Brew Thursday Night Diaspora Supper Club.
 
I hit Pearly Baker's after last night's yoga class; it was dead despite the "Wednesday night blues jam" going on, so I absconded over to Porters, which was also pretty dead -- dammit I miss Which Brew! Saw Larry there though, as well as Kirk (whom I hadn't seen since Which Brew closed), and ended up talking to some guy about the Wetlands Preserve, among other things. Turns out, he's a big fan of the Spin Doctors, like he even hangs out with them on occasion, and he just went to the premiere of a documentary about the Wetlands. (He also used to drag race at Englishtown, so we had a nice trip down memory lane.) I'm not a big fan of the Spin Doctors, didn't even know they were still around, but I traded him (the promise of) a poster from a recent show, for (the promise of) some scans of old Wetlands mailers, which I used to use as bookmarks. I went looking last night, found a schedule of upcoming shows for January 1991, and I know I have more.
 
Interesting Fact: Wetlands was forced to close because they lost their lease. Just like Which Brew, and like Weyerbacher before that. Oh, the humanity!
 
Reading: Ann F loaned me Blindness, and since I bitch so much when others don't read/return my loaners in a timely fashion, I put other stuff to the side so I could concentrate on this. So far so good by the way, but really I just started.