Monday, June 30, 2008

Gaaaa! Cow Itch! AAAAAAAH!

Morning weigh-in: 168.5#, 8% BF (uh oh)
 
Happy 100th Birthday, Tunguska Event! (Also noted, on the hometown front: the 230th anniversary of the Battle of Monmouth was this weekend.) Yeah, good weekend by the way -- maybe too good, according to the scale.
 
Friday night I skipped the towpath and went to the Velodrome with some peeps, basically the same crowd as the Iron Pigs game, Anne and her pinochle friends, though I also saw Brian and a few other people there. Way cool, lotsa very dramatic racing. I got a text that Kelly-Jo was going to Porters, so I stopped in on the way home. Kind of like a homecoming for the old Which Brew crowd.
 
I had maybe a little too much fun the night before: I overslept on Saturday and blew off early morning yoga, then all the rest of of my "selfish day" in favor of a Sals/towpath ride. I'm a bit under the gun in terms of Wilderness 101 preparation, so that was very much what the doctor ordered, but I cut the ride short (skipping about half of Sals) and absconded when rain started to fall -- felt stupid on the way home when the sun came back out, but was finally vindicated by the deluge that hit just after I got home. (Also rode through a bunch of nettles growing along the river, maybe a mile-long gauntlet, thought I was going to die.) Home, shower, oil change, haircut, chores, errands etc etc, then I hit a friend's graduation party.
 
Lucas, about 22 I'd say, is someone I know from cycling, and he just graduated from college. His older brother's a local musician, and the party was also for his (and some other guy's) 30th birthday, so there was basically an all-star jam going on when I got there (apparently it was a pool party earlier in the day). Pretty good times, and there were a number of people there I half recognized, but except for a few parents/relatives, the next oldest people there were like fifteen years younger than me. I'm glad I got a chance to congratulate Lucas & help him drink his beer, but I felt like the onion in the petunia patch, and when the band took a break I headed home.
 
Sunday was trail maintenance and a ride at Allamuchy.
 
Riding Sals tonight after some bike maintenance, and tomorrow is the Follies. Dinner better be light for a few days...

No comments: