Monday, February 04, 2008

Imbolc: A Fistful of Chili...

Morning weigh-in: 168.5#, 9.5% BF (...and a belly full of beer, and now the scale tells the sorry tale)
 
Rode Friday night: cold, rainy, bad visibility, got a flat. Bagged it, went out & saw friends at Porters.
 
Saturday was yoga/gym/errands, then Which Brew before checking out a new place downtown (Club Beyond) where a friend was playing. I dug the show but I don't think I really liked the venue's atmosphere -- the place is brand new, built and decorated to be a crowded dance club, and it was almost empty. Fill it with people though, and it might make a great place to see a band. Time will tell.
 
Sunday was the Superbowl of Chili at Pearly Bakers. Thirteenth annual I think, and I've been to every one. Good times, good times... Ended up at Porters (again) with Brian, where we were forced to retreat from the bar to a table, to avoid some dude who'd had his share of celebratory beverages, and who was very adamant about the Giants winning the Superbowl, and the Beach Boys being the Best Band Ever. Well he nailed one out of two...
 
The guy left (he may have been asked to), then Brian took off so I went up to the bar, and had a good conversation about SCUBA diving and souvenir-hunting with Bob D, Easton fireman and biking friend from way back. (He goes down to North Carolina, some river where you can find stuff in the silt at the bottom: old bottles & other such like, arrowheads, giant prehistoric shark's teeth. Pretty cool.) Saw part of the game, but it was a long day so I hailed a cab and took the rest on faith -- woke up this morning and it looks like the Giants Won The Superbowl! A-and it's snowing on Christmas...
 
Tonight is yoga, then the Mug Club dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
What a game!
Dad was so elated.


Too bad you missed the awesome last 10 seconds preceded by 4 quarters of tension.
It's sooooo good to be retired!
Slept till noon after staying up watching/listening to post game banter till 2:30 AM!

Don said...

It's probably just as well I didn't see it -- I remember other championship years, where I would jinx the team by watching, and the last win before the Superbowl was when I took my eye of the TV for a second...