Monday, April 23, 2007

Sol Invictus

Morning weigh-in: 177.5#, 9% BF

Good ride yesterday in Jim Thorpe, downright nice in fact, even came home with a "farmer tan" sunburn on my arms... Me, Doug, Eric, Spanky, Dave L, Joe G and Rudy, a good mix of riders (both socially and in terms of ability), on challenging but fun terrain -- and did I mention the weather?

Friday night was cool, outside on the deck at Which Brew, and Saturday afternoon -- evening, since I got there at dinnertime, but the sun was still out -- I went back to hang outside some more. Shockingly early night, I was home and in bed by 10:30, but I started early and my watchwords for the evening were moderation and self-control -- and in the tale of the tape, the results speak for themselves. Ahhh, but life is good...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire you for listening to your watchwords.

Mine usually just stay in my mind.

Don said...

I think the key factor for me, is that I really only have a 2 hour "party window," so for instance if I start at 5:00 PM I'm ready to leave at 7:00 PM, but if I start at 11:00 PM I'll go until 1:00. Since things are usually mellower early, I can avoid the late-nite intemperances simply by getting a jump-start on the evening.