Thursday, July 29, 2004

Bear With Me

Morning weigh-in (Wednesday): 175#, 12.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Thursday): 173.5#, 14.5% BF

My friend/trainer Dawn, whose sister works for the NJ Dept of Fish & Wildlife as a bear control officer, got me an invitation to help out with their annual bear trapping & tagging program. That's what I did yesterday, and it was way, way cool. I'll post more about this (including pictures) later or tonight, but I will say that: we caught two bears (both female yearlings) and saw several others; I handled, carried, measured, and helped take blood and DNA samples as the drugged bears snored away; and I have pictures to proove it. More after the jump...

By the way: it seems that I'm not allergic to the "black-faced yellow cur" dog breed (basically, a bear hound; it's the same breed as "Old Yeller"), but bears, which smell like dirty wet dog, make me itch.

No comments: