Thursday, January 22, 2009

And So This Is Thursday

Morning weigh-in: 173#, 8.5% BF
 
What He Said: As they say, go read the whole thing. It's not quite Steve Gilliard quality (wow I miss him, and wish he could have seen the inauguration), but that is one good rant.
 
Back To The Voyage: I downloaded the "R" statistical program the other day, and have been playing around with some of the tutorials. Like octave, it's a very impressive tool, scary powerful even in the baby examples I tried. (I wanted to use this to look at some of the things in Matrix Methods in Population Biology, but the examples given there show results without giving raw data -- but I am sure I can eventually find, say, fish size/age/fertility/mortality data, somewhere on The Google...)
 
Back To The Future: I'm recalibrating my training schedule. I think this week should be a rest week (too many extracurricular activities, such as last night's Chain Gang meeting), and I'll just shift the periods over by one week.
 
Anyway, the meeting last night was pretty fruitful; among other things we decided to:
 
1. continue existing as a club, and
2. open membership again.
 
(We also thought it would be a good idea to shift our focus more towards North Jersey, specifically the Allamuchy area, but that wasn't an official decision, or even an easily-definable one.) Dinner was chili, a bunch of different recipes, with cake and ice cream dessert.
 
Tonight is the gym, followed by a trip to Porters for dinner.
 

No comments: