Wednesday, July 16, 2008

God Bless You, Magical Realism!

Morning weigh-in: 162.5#, 8.5% BF
 
Doop-de-doo, oh I wonder what's new... Rode last night at Allamuchy, 19 hard miles in about 3 hours, and I broke my frame. Swingarm, right chainstay just behind the pivot, snapped it right in two. It's a problem I can solve easily and quickly enough, but -- wow.
 
(The title of today's post refers something I thought late in the ride, when I looked up from the dark woods, through the canopy to the still-light sky. Pure magic.)
 
Tonight I'll be dealing with the bike, and will also be going to the Chain Gang meeting. Tomorrow will more than likely be a road ride, and Friday will be the towpath on the singlespeed.
 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics, Don.

OT: Have you, by chance, watched the ZEITGEIST film?

Don said...

I know what you're talking about, but never saw it.

Anonymous said...

If I send the link, do you think you'll watch it? It's regular movie length.......two hours. It was sent to me in email, and I'm reluctant to send it to just anyone. If I send the link in an email, will you check your email? Or would you rather not watch it at all? Let me know one way or the other, okay? I want YOU, of all people, to watch it so you can give me your input. The one thing it's not is boring. I'll look for your response.

Don said...

Watch a feature-length movie online, using dialup? Burn me a copy and we'll talk...

Anonymous said...

LOL. I gotcha. Don't know how to burn a copy, so that leaves me S.O.L. ;-)