Sunday, January 27, 2008

Viva La Viva La Viva La Viva La

Whelp, I'm going back to Moab, first week in April; we just booked our flights about an hour ago. Me, Brian, Rich and new father John C, whose wife is sending him off to get him out from underfoot... We don't see John much anymore, and probably shouldn't expect to: he no longer lives outside New Hope, they moved back to Maryland and he's also back among the employed. Anyway, he lives near Patapsco now, and so we promised him a road trip or two this summer -- and in the meantime we have Moab. I better be careful for the next few weeks...

Anyway, good weekend, starting with Friday night's towpath ride. I was by myself, I had no takers on my offer but that also meant I could go my pace and distance. My time wasn't great but it was acceptable, and I felt good at least. After that was Which Brew, where some girl (the jewelry maker) asked me my age, then feigned shock and claimed she would have guessed "thirty-two, tops." My new best friend! Screw the ride, that's what really made me feel good. (One of the bartenders threw a reality check later, by saying I should totally hang out with her dad, but still.)

Saturday was early morning yoga, with a pleasant surprise: Eric & Kris used that gift card I got them and joined me. Bonus: they liked the class. We hit the Coffee Exchange afterwards too, so I guess they got a real taste of my Saturday routine. Kris might be joining me for this Wednesday's class.

Gym, errands, nap, then back to WB to catch Tavern Tan, with friend and fellow PPRAC'ster Dave drumming. Needless to say there were a bunch of PPRAC dudes there, including Heath & Hans, Keith & his cyclocross girlfriend, and Taylor & his wife. (I tried to talk them into joining us for today's ride, but they were doing something on the road, maiden voyage for Heath's new rig.) Good crowd, but I took off a bit early.

Today was an awesome ride at French Creek. Me, Rich, Doug, Joe & Cindy, Pete and Eric B, we did about 20 miles, maybe a little more. We were all riding really well (surprising for January), and conditions were primo. The place was packed too, lots of other people biking, and also hiking, playing frisbee golf, ice fishing... The ride was basically an all-day affair: we started with breakfast at a bagel place near Doug, and ended with an early dinner in Bally. No action shots, but I did take a few photos at some rest breaks. I'll post them tonight.

Now I'm just kicking back, playing on the computer and doing chores while the laundry cooks. Tomorrow I'll probably go skiing.

No comments: