Monday, January 07, 2008

The Mystery Explained

Morning weigh-in: 164#, 10.5% BF
 
...One mystery at least: I don't know what's going on with the sudden weight loss (not that I'm complaining or anything), but I can say that my lousy towpath experience the other night was because the towpath is just one long, energy-sucking mud pit right now. Total mush, I was able to see exactly what was going on in the daylight yesterday. Sals was a little better, more like a leafy slime coating on the rocks, kind of slippery but that's about it. I'll probably stay out of the woods until it either dries up or freezes again: it wasn't the most ecologically correct thing to do, and my bike, "rode hard and put away wet," now needs some serious TLC.
 
Kind of nice though, I ran into a bunch of younger dudes riding, then we all ran into Joe C and Doug (who knew the guys I hooked up with) going the other way, then I dropped the youngsters on the hills (heh heh), but decided to take the road back to the Dodson lot, where I met Joe and Doug again, and finagled a ride home from Joe. (Saw others out there, and also got a call from Heath that he was chasing me up the Spanky, but I was already done and at Dodson.) Pretty solid ride actually, and I felt great.
 
Some unusual events on the towpath: the river rescue guys were out, rescue truck, SCUBA gear and boats at the Freemansburg locktender's house. Looks like someone fell in the river but I saw nothing about it in the news yet.
 
Home, cleaned up, laundry, and I had some spare time so I took the "Hot Fudge Sundae" yoga class downtown, purely on impulse. This class is a mix of vinyasas with restorative poses, new stuff to me, and the teacher was new to me too, so it was a very interesting experience; I'm pretty happy I went. I also saw Katie (of "Dan & Katie," don't know their last name but they're friends with Greg & Judy) in class, and heard about their baby's first Christmas.
 
Going home from yoga, there was a guy who ran out of gas near my parked car. I gave him a ride to the nearest gas station, stuck around to give him a ride back even though I originally said I couldn't -- then noticed that he was now begging for the gas money. I told him I wasn't waiting around any more, and took off.
 
Dinner was a ribeye sandwich at Porters (making that weight loss even more mysterious) while the laundry dried. I saw Kelly-Jo and Larry down there for a bit, but they just popped in for a few minutes, grabbed some take-out & left. Tonight is more yoga for me, "active rest"in the beginner's class, followed by Mug Club Night at Which Brew, and then I'll be making another crock pot -- this time it'll be bean and tomato stew  -- for the rest of this week's dinners.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get a fasting glucose test- sometimes weight loss is a sign of diabetes, G- forbid.

Or it's just the exercise, G- willing!