Monday, January 21, 2008

How 'Bout Them Giants, Eh?

Morning weigh-in: 167#, 9.5% BF
 
Friday I was in a foul mood (long story, won't be going there right now), went out to have a bit of an "angry party" for myself, though to be honest I had a pretty good time of it despite myself. Which Brew for dinner after my towpath ride, and when I got to WB I found that Greg & Judy had dinner at Porters across the street, and slipped their waitress Courtney -- who told them where she'd be going after work -- a few bucks to buy me a beer... It was the talk of the bar for a bit ("Somebody bought you a beer who wasn't even here!"), then things settled down and we all enjoyed the sounds of DJ Kaos (aka Art), and I knew he would but he did play "Apache," so all was right with the world.
 
After dinner I went across the street (G & J were long gone) where Eamon bought me a beer -- I didn't exactly drink for free that night but I came close -- and I paid a few back but I owe favors all over the place now -- and so much for being angry and ornery... Post Junction were playing, and they had a few guest singers (people from Stomp who played at the State theater earlier), so their set wasn't the same-old-same-old they'd been stuck in; they're a good band and I'd hate to become tired of them.
 
Saturday: gym, chores errands yadda yadda, out to WB for dinner again, and to catch the Todd Wolfe project. They were good, but it was an early night for me.
 
Sunday was a great ride: I hit Sals with Doug, E-Rock and E-Baum, then we went out on foot to document some quad/ATV damage down by the river. I took over 100 photos all told on Sunday, and will post maybe a third of the least boring ones so stay tuned. (Actually, I already put a few up last night.)
 
Dinner was at Porters, where I caught a very exciting football game. I guess it was the cold and the frozen ball and stiff fingers, but there was a lot more drama going on than I was ready for, almost like a college game -- then I missed the winning FG because I was talking to someone. Whatever, I'll take the win, and meantime: gadzooks, the Giants are in the Superbowl! I wasn't planning to see the game; because of the "Superbowl of Chili" I haven't seen the actual Superbowl in many years and that was my plan for this year too. I guess I'll think of something.
 
Tonight is the last of my chili, then I'll probably go skiing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You missed it!?
AGH!