Monday, August 06, 2007

Vacation's Over

Morning weigh-in: 178#, 10% BF

That's pretty good, I didn't gain weight on the trip (and since I had pizza/soda last night the loss was probably more until damage was done).

Believe it or not, I went for a ride yesterday. I felt a little edgy, like I was missing something (and surprisingly, did not feel tired), so I decided to do a towpath ride on the Turner. This meant about an hour or so of long-overdue maintenance first, but I got rolling around 5:30, and met Doug & Lori, as well as Eric & Kris, Eric & Janna, Joe and Cindy and Joe G down at Musikfest. I gave Doug the ribbon I carried on the ride (with the names of two friends who died in the past year), then stuck around for a few songs before bolting.

(I'll probably be doing the Musikfest thing again later in the week.)

Got home, found the boy two houses over using a broom and stepladder to try and get something off my roof -- the girl next door is now attracting the attention of the local boys, including this dork, who threw her flip-flop up there. Out the bedroom window with my own broom, problem solved, then it was time for some pizza on the porch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pix are great, Don! How nice that you were so well fed... the bike and ribbon cakes were perfect. All of you should feel very proud of your accomplishments. You do a wonderful thing by participating in this cause. I know there are many who would thank you personally if they could. Give yourselves a pat on the back for a job well done.

Don said...

I could not have done it without you and my other sponsors, Toni.

Don said...

Strangely enough, I cannot log in to blogger directly (I'm using the "links" text-based browser, while telnetting into SDF), but I can log in through comments. Go figure.