Thursday, August 09, 2007

A Little More of the Old Catch-Up

Morning weigh-in (Tuesday): 178.5#, 6% BF (Mug Club Nite Monday)
Morning weigh-in (Wednesday): 176.5, 11% BF
Morning weigh-in (Thursday): 177#, 11% BF

Reading: I picked up sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs the other day, and read it on vacation. The verdict: annoying -- the guy's not nearly as clever as he thinks. Meantime though, I got Babylon's Burning at the same time and also started it on vacation; it's a history of punk from about 1974 through Nirvana (maybe 1992). Big thick meaty book, full of facts, stories, extensive quotes, I'll be enjoying this for a while. (Speaking of annoying, I've also been having a hard time finishing Black Swan Green, it's just getting a little tedious.)

Listening: Patti Smith's 1975 debut Horses. I now have "Land" on CD, and also "Gloria." Sweet!

Rode Tuesday at Sals, saw that I was still not quite recovered... Monday was beginner yoga (hot, and I was the only one who showed up so there was no hiding from the teacher), and Wednesday was the intermediate class, where the teacher "took it easy" but I was still a puddle of sweat.

More PPRAC news: I finished posting my vacation pics onto flickr, you can see all 121 of them in this set. (You can also find a bunch of photos by others in this group photo pool.) Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of pix to enjoy! Thanks! Mom will be happy to see good shots of you close up for a change. What/who is that character on the top of your helmet?

There were massage therapists? That's awesome! Did you get a massage?

The Allegheny Reservoir really is lovely, judging by the photos.

I LOL at the way Brian's tan line stops right at his ankle.

As for the structure in Coudersport.....looks like it would be fun for Halloween! Gives me the shivers just to look at it.