Wednesday, May 09, 2007

One (OK, Two) For Sociability

Morning weigh-in: 178#, 13% BF

Stopped in last night at Bike King, bought new cleats which I'll put on tonight before hitting the road. I was planning on installing the cleats last night after Yoga (which was lovely), but I got a call from Doug, met him & Lori for a couple of beers at Which Brew. Very nice catch-up, hadn't seen them in a while.

I'd gone to Bike King on Monday as well, but had forgotten my wallet which necessitated the return trip yesterday, and with going out last night, I managed to extend to three days what should have been a 10 minute task -- D'oh! Anyway, I removed the old cleats (the hardest part of the job) this morning before work, and should be ready to ride pretty quickly tonight. The hip is just now starting to feel OK, so it's not like I missed anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to see old friends.
I met Mary B. Marie L. and Maura in Red Bank Wed afternoon at Zebu coffee house (very Bohemian) (Marie & Maura both work at schools nearby right in RB)
We sat outside at little mettle tables- it was abot 75 to 80 degrees out, delightful.
RedBank is a tourist mecca for New Yorkers and the upper crust in that area.
But we had fun and it was a pleasant break from house selling chores.
Good friends are like gold.

Don said...

Wow that sounds pretty nice!