Wednesday, May 09, 2007

It Is A Mystery

I took this photo a few months ago, while XC skiing with Doug & Lori. Other photos I posted from that day are getting maybe 5 or 10 views total, but this one has been looked at 83 times so far, making it my 18th most popular photo. I have no idea why -- I mean, it's a nice picture, I like it, but it just doesn't seem like anything special.

Anyway, rode the "northern benchmark" road ride tonight, 24 miles in 1:25, OK but really just average pace by the standards of a few years ago. I felt fast though, at least until I started the return trip and realized the way out had been with the wind...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your nature photos are evocative.
I always enjoy them- I feel as if I'm at the site of the photo and they're so peaceful/beautiful.
You really have an artist's eye.

Don said...

Thanks! But why this one? I have many other nature photos on flickr, some that I think are way better than this one, and they don't get nearly as much traffic...
I suspect that it's showing up in some search, but the tags I put on it are kind of vague and the title isn't really all that special. No one who looks at it has left a comment so I don't know what the scoop is.

Anonymous said...

I want to schedule an Open House either Sat5/19 or Sun 5/20 1PM - 4 PM
Do you think you might be down either day? If you came down late, say, after 4PM we'd be good- maybe have a barbeque. If you're up to it you could check out attic and see what you want to keep.
If you change your mind about the dresser, I'll donate to Habitat for Humanity along with the twin beds. Oh how sad this all is to me at times. My memories of you , of you & Kevin sharing the room, the electric trains, the bunk beds (who was on top?) You were all 3 cooped up here in this room where I am writing, after your tonsilectomies. We bought you a room air- conditioner and a TV (blk & white)
We still have the TV! It was in the attic.
At times I'm so nostalgic.
It's as if I lose my feeling of closeness to you all as I dissemble the house. Now I feel the pangs of "Empty Nest Syndrome."
I think like an Am. Indian that the spirit of a person remains in his/her "stuff" used in his life. I feel like that with gifts- cannot part with a gift because it holds a connection with the giver to me.
I feel all this very deeply in myself.

Don said...

With 93 views, this is now my 8th-most popular photo on flickr. Like I said, it is a mystery.