Friday, March 30, 2007

Tipperary

Morning weigh-in: 181#, 13.5% BF

Fun & fast (and hard) hill workout w/ Joe yesterday, then went home, ate dinner (tuna & rice) and was in bed by 9:30. Rough night, almost like I was feverish -- I might actually have been feverish, either from the hard workout or a real fever from the cold.

Or, it might have been the decongestant I took. On Joe's advice I tried Mucinex, which is really just pseudoephedrine and an expectorant, but it's time-released and it really worked wonders (except for sleep) last night and today. Weird, pseudoephedrine is now kept behind the counter at the drugstore, and you have to show ID to get it -- apparently kids are using it to make meth or something.

Tonight is the towpath, and I'll probably stay in so I can be fresh for Saturday (yoga, biking).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes,
Mucinex is good- Dr S. recommended it to me.
Hope you feel better.

Don said...

Getting there, getting there... the only problem with these medicines (decongestants) is that there's no real "end game:" you eventually have to stop taking them, and suffer through the last throes of the cold if you want it to go away.