Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hump Day Already

Morning weigh-in (Monday): 183#, 13.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Tuesday): 182#, 13% BF
Morning weigh-in (Wednesday): 182.5#, 10.5% BF

More gossip: Here's an interesting story. Very strange -- and it just so happens that I (vaguely) know the girl who was the victim. Meantime, my friend Pete, who with his beard and shoulder-length hair bore an uncanny resemblance to Arlo Guthrie, shaved his beard off and cut his hair really short. I saw him the other day and didn't even recognize him...

Bike! Rode Sunday after a rough Saturday night (ran into friend Shannon, much talk including the above-mentioned gossip), and had a really good ride. About 30 miles in the Slate Belt with Eric B and Joe & Cindy, average pace was about 15 mph. Monday was yoga -- ditto Saturday, thus there was no Friday night, which explains Saturday night -- but yesterday was a beautiful day so I did my Hellertown loop. Took me 1:49 to go about 26 miles, about 14.2 mph average which could be better but hey it's hilly, and I started and finished in daylight.

Tomorrow is another ride, in Jersey with my friend Joe, then Friday is the towpath. If the weather's nice Saturday I'll be doing another towpath ride, leading a ride from Bethlehem to Weyerbacher Brewery's Annual Open House.

Tonight was yoga also, the more athletic "intermediate" class. Monday's beginner class was tough too, with a new twist on things since the usual instructor is in Sri Lanka right now, doing some kind of alternative "doctors without borders"-type stuff. Sri Lanka -- gulp!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easton is a like "Peyton Place" a soap opera in the 60's.

I guess that incident may cost the burglar his job (?) because of the notoriety.

Good riding @ avg 15 mph!

Anonymous said...

Geez!!!!! And THIS is what's guiding our kids in school!!!!!
Just recently a principal or teacher was arrested in our area for dealing drugs....and now this! Charming....just charming! I'm glad I don't have kids in school. I'm also glad I took enough interest in grammar to be able to teach my son better grammar than he was taught in school. I'm not perfect, but I do a hellva lot better than most I hear. I have a question. When did "a lot" become one word? Everywhere I go on the internet, where posters are able to converse, all I see is "alot." Who taught them it's one word? They must have been spelling it that way in school, so why didn't a teacher point out that it's TWO words? Are today's teachers lacking in teaching capabilities? Is each generation of kids less teachable than the last?

Okay, I'm taking a deep breath now and climbing down from soap box. ;-)

Don said...

Yeah that other school principal case was just a little bit more unsettling... I'm pretty sure both will lose their jobs, and I'm fairly confident they'll both see jail time.

By the way, "alot" ain't new, I've been seeing it for many years -- first place I really noted it was the Boy Scouts handbook.

Thanks Mom! Once upon a time I'd have spit on anything less than 17-18 mph, but now I'll take what I can get...