Tuesday, March 06, 2007

In Like A Lion

Morning weigh-in: 186#, 13% BF

Looks like winter is not quite over: it's freezing out, 10 degrees above zero and strong gusty winds when I left the house this morning. Still, you can fee that spring is on its way... Nothing much to report otherwise. I went out last night after yoga, monthly Mug Club dinner at Which Brew. I thought I kept things under control but the tape tells a different tale.

Oh yeah, Scooter Libby is found guilty on four of five charges, the Walter Reed scandal is starting to reap the whirlwind, and yet another investigation is heating up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah; and despite, all the scandals proving corruption, 30% of the population still support this administration. I'm anxious to see how the Libby decision impacts Cheney. I'm hearing that Bush may pardon Libby. Do you think that's a possibility?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Don, I'm sure you must have seen "Born on the Fourth of July." Do you remember the deplorable conditions at the hospital where Ron Kovic was sent for rehab? I remember being horrified when I watched it. So, was anything ever done about it back then, or is what's going on now just a carry-over from the Vietnam days? If so, how can so many say they weren't aware of it until just recently? Help me understand.

Don said...

Didn't see the movie, read the book when I was in jr high or thereabouts: don't remember the name of the hospital. Supposedly, Army/VA care has historically been so-so, good for scandals every few years, though I've seen things (from people who had to use the system) that say the quality has been pretty good until about four or five years ago. This particular scandal is not new (problems have been reported in papers for years), it's just that the latest bombshell news report was good enough to cut through the fog.

I'm sure that, when it all comes out, at the bottom of the story and under the final rock uncovered, they'll find Halliburton or someone similar.

Anonymous said...

Well, if it was pretty good until four or five years ago, I now understand why.