Friday, October 27, 2006

Spitting In A Wishing Well

Morning weigh-in: 184.5#, 9% BF

Not much posting lately; Blogger's been acting up again...

Listening: The Pixies, Last Splash. Joni Mitchell, Song to a Seagull.

Reading: Big If, The Big U, and Neuromancer.

Exercising: None, unless you count Yoga on Tuesday.

Voyaging: I've been playing with that guile some more, decided to upgrade to the latest version. Got the compressed file from the ftp site & unpacked it, found that it needed later versions of other packages ("big number" library, libtool) that what I had. Got those, unpacked & installed them, then installed the new guile. A few glitches here & there (always with the voyage of discovery), but now it's up & running. The tutorial I'm following is now outdated though...

Doing: Not much. I've been in a funk lately, low energy levels, which hit rock bottom last night: I worked late, my brain was fried and (when I went out) I just didn't feel like putting out the mental effort of dealing with like, social interaction, even though I wanted to be around other people... Real problem is, I'm burning the candle at both ends: work, extra work, go home and play with the computer, and usually there's a ride in there somewhere or a trip to the gym, then I head downtown to check out the local music scene. If there's time afterward, I go shopping. Maybe "too much" is a more accurate answer? Even more accurate would be "vapor-lock," as each thing blocks al the others.

No comments: