Monday, July 24, 2006

Things Fall Apart

Morning weigh-in: 181.5#, 11.5% BF
Blood pressure: 138/84 (forgot to take meds Sunday)

My friend Doug's in the hospital: he had an abscess "in a very uncomfortable area," sudden high fever and emergency surgery on Friday, I.V. antibiotics, dressings and packing and an unpleasant weekend at Easton Hospital (I am so glad I was at Muhlenberg for my surgery). I talked to his wife on Friday night -- he was still in recovery, but things went well -- then visited Saturday evening. Needless to say, he was not a happy camper, but I hope & expect he'll be getting back to his old self soon, probably as soon as he's out of that place.

So anyway, Friday night I went out to WB (surprise), made it an early night, then Saturday was trailwork at Allamuchy, followed by a disconcerting ride (I was very tired and riding like shit), followed by the visit, then another night at WB and also Porters, and not very early this time, then another disappointing ride at Sals, followed by a disappointing hike on the AT at Wind Gap. Hmmmm....

No comments: