Monday, May 22, 2006

Getting Back To A More Active Weekend

Morning weigh-in: 177.5#, 8.5% BF

Friday night was the Mug Club "investor's thank you" party. A little different from what I expected, just a few tables in the back, somewhat quiet even though it was very nice. I really didn't stick around the main group too long, they were basically having a wine-tasting thing and that's hard to manage without actually tasting any wine... I mingled, got some dinner on my own in the main bar, hung out with the regulars. Several other investors were drifting in and out of the party as well, and we would drop back into the dining room to grab some of the free munchies, BS for a bit, drift back to the bar & BS there, pleasant social evening.

Saturday I was going to help with the Allamuchy trailwork organized by my friend Bob. I got to the meeting place but I was a little late, figured I must have just missed them so I went walking into the woods to catch up. I thought I knew where they were going to be doing the work, but I never did actually find them... It was a nice (long) hike though, and I got a few good photos.

Saturday night was the annual Mug Club "mug retirement party," so it was back to Which Brew. The place was packed, and many partiers had followed the directions & arrived in costume -- you were supposed to dress as your favorite superhero/arch-villain -- so things were very festive. I have to wonder though, was Bettie Page a superhero? Or an arch-villain? Either way, that girl had the best costume there... Anyway, another good night (despite not being able to drink, in a room full of free beer -- good beer too, dang), and the band was the Roamin' Gabriels.

Sunday was spent reading and playing with the computer. I wasn't too nice at first, but the sun came out later in the day and I went for a walk on my one-mile jogging route. Two days of hiking and my calf actually felt tight...

Stormy Seas for the S.S. Linux: I started messing around with my Ethernet card again, among other things, and now I managed to screw up my internet connection. Those pictures I took, don't expect them on Flickr for another few days yet...

Ankle Update: Not much to say really, except that things are coming along. I had a lot of discomfort during and after the hike on Saturday, my boots seem to rub the newly-reshaped parts of my ankle, and it was kind of raw. No damage or problems by the incision though, which is good. It's killing me not to wear boots (I'm constantly in running shoes), I feel like an invalid without them.

The tendons/ligaments are coming along nicely though, and I now walk without much of a limp at all, but I find that I sort of "bop along," bouncing with each step, to compensate for and hide what's left of the limp. This too shall pass...

No comments: