Monday, February 06, 2006

Back to Reality

No morning weigh-in, afraid of the scale today.

Friday night was Which Brew, with the Company Jazz Trio and a lot of cool people.

Saturday was the gym, followed by many errands. For some reason I had trouble consolidating my movement, found myself going home & out several times, wasting time when I wanted to do a little cleaning -- what are you laughing at? I had friends coming over Sunday and wanted to at least have the place straightened up...

Saturday night (actually, evening) was dinner with the Chain Gang at Cactus Blue, an "authentic Mexican" BYO place near Doug. After that they went bowling but I went over to the WB to catch some of Devil's Shame. Good decision, since I ran into Pieter and Jordan, two kids (now late-twentysomethings) that used to be tagalongs in the early MTB days. They used to win races at the junior level, but I doubt if either has ridden a bike since they got their driver's licenses. Nice to see them though.

Sunday was the Chili Contest. 'Nuff said, but I'll say more: we started with a pretty mellow ride around Easton, checking out the ruins of the suspension bridge to Island Park, the old locomotive and RR junk, and the abandoned train station. More adventure bike than workout. Afterwards we met Brian -- recovering from food poisoning, so he didn't want to ride but did go to the chili contest -- and hit Pearly Baker's. After that we drifted around downtown, Mothers, the pawn shop, the Quadrant coffee shop, then over to Porters before we called it a day.

No comments: