Monday, January 16, 2006

Youch!

Morning weigh-in: 182#, so shocked I don't even remember % BF

Friday night was a towpath ride. Took the singlespeed out, but only went to the bridge over the boat launch (about a mile east of Freemansburg) because I was tired -- and it was soooo foggy down by the river (& everywhere else) I couldn't see more than a few feet; it was hard to navigate and I got totally creeped out, expecting to see zombies or whatever shambling out of the mist after me...

About a block from home, a car passed me & then stopped to drop off a teenager, and I hear "Hi Don!" Turns out it was my friends Stu & Kathy -- I was confused initially because the house, where they dropped their daughter off, is next door to some other friends of mine, but got it all straightened out. They were going to Which Brew after that, and I said I'd see them there in about an hour - which I did. Dinner was wings and some pasta fagiole, and the band -- Company Jazz Trio -- was really playing well, even when the pianist's chair collapsed underneath him... Maria from Duende was there, eating dinner with her husband, and agreed to sing a few songs.

Saturday was a rainy day, coffee shop, chores, gym, more chores... Was in Circuit City, decided while I was there to get a new cellphone, picked out a pretty sweet one with camera etc. I also decided to look at pen drives while I was there (didn't get one), and I ran into Karen F and her boyfriend Brian, who were in the next aisle, pricing cordless phones.

Back to Which brew for dinner, more pasta fagiole and a white pizza w/ extra garlic. I was hanging out with a dude who reminded me of a cross between Kevin M and Paul K from Englishtown, also a girl who reminded me of Kathleen C from E'town.

Sunday was too windy to ride, so I joined Doug & Lori, and Eric R, for a hike at Sals.

No comments: