Sunday, January 01, 2006

Therefore, Be It Resolved

My resolution(s):

1. Similar to the one two years ago, I want to drop a pound a week until I hit 165 -- tomorrow's weigh-in should tell me how many weeks that'll supposedly take. That's more of a goal than a resolution I guess; my actual resolution is probably more like: eat healthier, eat less, eat at home, skip the pizza & beer, do what you're supposed to to lose weight.

2. I'm also planning to get back into running regularly, and my goal is to run a 5k sometime in the spring, and a 10k sometime in the fall. (I'll also be doing at least one of the "King of the Hill" duathlons at Round Valley.) My resolution, I suppose, is to use running as a cardio exercise, and to build up my speed and distance, ie to train as a runner.

3. Bike more, and train on the bike more, and race. I want to go for distance this year, and I want to win (or at least be the top guy among my friends/peers). I'll be doing the Wilderness 101 again, and will probably do 24 Hours of Allamuchy solo, and the Vermont 50-Miler, and All-A-Muchy -- a-and don't forget my 12th consecutive Michaux race.

Hopefully, I'll forget all about this in a week or so...

No comments: