Friday, February 18, 2005

Stupid Car People

Morning weigh-in: 176#, 13% BF

Car still not done, they're still waiting for the cable. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, Faulkner Subaru, but you suck. Reminds me of that Frank Zappa song "Flakes."

Rode home yesterday into a steady west wind, felt unusually tired and pissy right from the start -- realized I was bonking, or at least some kind of mini-bonk, so I stopped in Bloomsbury and got a few slices of pizza, felt much better. I got home at 7:00, so even with the wind and the dinner stop, I made good time -- I hammered up Washington Street. I'm worn out though, maybe bad nutritional discipline, or maybe just too much this early in the season, but I was totally whooped when I got home, not up for any more cycle commuting this week. When I saw that today would start at around 13 degrees and be windy I called a friend and bummed a ride. I then had some rice, chick peas & tahini, and was in bed by 9:00. This morning was great, I "slept in" all the way to 6:30 before getting up.

Tonight is K-Jo's 40th birthday party at Which Brew. Should be good, I need a weekend right about now.

One last thing: Funny juxtaposition in the Morning call today, Vioxx maker Merck says it'll be back on the market soon, on the same page as a story about the new law limiting class-action suits. Someone over there has a sense of humor...

No comments: