Monday, February 21, 2005

Monday Lunchtime Catch-Up

Morning weigh-in: 177.5#, 14% BF

Well, got the car back, on Saturday morning; Doug gave me a ride over. (I blew off the gym since I've been fighting a cold, and the workout would have been right in the middle of the prime car-getting window of opportunity.) Doug & Lori went to look at some Subarus while they were there, but ended up buying a Toyota from Krause later in the day. I think that they were a bit put off by their experiences with the Subaru dealers, and seeing me go through my repair woes may have been the last straw, and they went with what's essentially been "their brand" all along.

Friday night was therefore my last night on foot. I went down to Which Brew, where Three Monks were playing (with a fourth monk on sax/flute), and it was owner K-Jo's 40th birthday party. Good times, and the place was packed: lotsa K-Jo relatives, big fan base for the band. I didn't know too many people though (hung out mainly with Stu), and it was very crowded so I left "early" at midnight. Stu and Kathy went to see Sarah Ayers at the Bluetone, which I probably would have enjoyed but I wasn't up for anymore fun, I was tired and that cough/cold thing was still plagueing me.

So that was Friday night. Saturday was spent getting the car, then playing catch-up with all the chores/errands that needed a car: drycleaning, groceries, etc; Saturday night was back to Which Brew to see the Insidious Rays play acoustic. Once again the place was packed, popular band, this time it seemed to be a very "Bethlehem" crowd, not surprising since they are a Bethlehem band... saw a few people I recognized from the Green Cafe, the Funhouse etc. Again, went home early.

Sunday was a very pleasant ride at South Mountain, me and Doug and Rich B. I felt I was riding the technical stuff a little better than last weekend, and though I was coughing a lot whenever we stopped, I never had any respiratory distress while riding, even on the worst "lungbuster" climbs. Went home, did laundry and took a nap, which essentially morphed into an early bedtime, slept through the snowstorm. Today I got up early, hopped in the car and drove in. lotsa crashes everywhere but my trusty (I hope) Outback made it through...

No comments: