Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I Just Wanna Get There Faster

Morning weigh-in: 177.5#, 15% BF

Yesterday was a holiday and a snowstorm, so even though I saw a number of stupid accidents the drive to/from work was OK. Today, however, was a real pain, lots of people on the road, and a majority of them were idiots. Not sure if it was Jersey thing, or maybe only something my brother Kevin used to say, but he called them Dickey Moe's, as in "Dickey Moe, the Left Lane Dick." Commuter traffic, high-stress ballet and if someone doesn't know what they're doing it screws everything up -- many of those out this morning. The way home was via Harmony Township and Merril Creek, so I didn't have to deal with all those bozos. (It doesn't take much much to screw up a country road either, but I lucked out tonight.)

Listening: I dug out my old Smashing Pumpkins CD, Gish, and have been listening to it in the car. I used to listen to this a lot in the basement at my old apartment, while doing laundry and working on the bike; the first two songs, "I Am One" and "Siva," were what I'd use to psych myself for races. I still think "I Am One" would make a great start to a bike video.

Reading: The Fellowship of the Ring, a guilty pleasure.

Thinking about: Today is the 62nd anniversary, or so Wikipedia reminds me, of the execution of Hans and Sophie Scholl and Christoph Probst, leaders in the White Rose Society. They were a group of idealistic German intellectuals, young veterans and college students, dedicated to nonviolent resistance to the Nazis, busted for un-American activities and guillotined on this date in 1943.

Doing: Laundry. I may go down to Which Brew tonight for dinner, something I haven't done in a while, at least not on a Tuesday.

One last thing: Happy 1st Birthday to my neice Olivia.

No comments: