Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Been Thinking About Jan Cremer

No morning weigh-in: forgot.

Rode in to work again today, a little colder than yesterday but very pleasant -- I expected the cold & dressed accordingly, of course. Last night I was so tired, I basically had dinner and went to bed, but tonight is the Chain Gang meeting, and we're holding it at Which Brew, so not only do I have to step lively to get home (meeting is at 7:00), I have to be lively for a good while afterwards. My car should be done today, I'm expecting the "your car isready" call as we speak, so I can probably "sleep in" until 6:00 AM or even 7:00 tomorrow...

Not reading: Somewhere in my apartment is a paperback, Jan Cremer Writes Again, second book by the artist Jan Cremer. I found the book in the dirt, walking home from the Englishtown Auction in maybe 1980, started reading it aloud to my friends & decided to keep it. Basically "a Dutch 'Easy Rider' out of Henry Miller," as the back cover says, it's a fairly dirty adventure story of our hero Jan, motorcycling through North Africa & Ibiza, and trying to make a life as an artist in Holland. Until a few years ago I didn't even know that the real artist Jan Cremer even existed. If I find it, I'll probably read it again.

No comments: