Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Freakin' A-

Morning weigh-in: 175#, 12.5% BF

A true fly-by: at home, grabbed lunch & my clothes on the way to the airport. I'm leaving in a few minutes, but first:

I rode Round Valley last yesterday, felt good & fast but my time was about the same as the last (disappointing) ride there. In my defense though, this time I ran into Scott H & Doug V, two teammates from "Freakin' A-", my Canaan team from 1997. Did a little catching up, found out that they're also doing Allamuchy, both solo. My actual, rolling average speed was 8.6 mph, as opposed to 8 mph last time... I always told myself that if I could manage a 10 mph average at Round Valley, out & back on the "hard" trails, I'd move up to expert; this was a loop, partly on the road, and I'm still way off. Oh well.

Stopped by T's last nite after the ride, talked her into meeting me at Which Brew at 9:00 while my laundry dried. Nice to see her, but there were some obnoxious louts (smelly too, according to T, & also bartender Carrie), which made the place less than perfect until they were thrown out.

No comments: