Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just A Spring Clean For The May Queen

I'm back, again. Where have I been? Well last weekend we went down to Rehoboth Beach to hang out at Dogfish Head's brewpub -- insanely good beer, acceptable pub fare, verdict: worth the trip -- but the real answer is "nowhere in particular, right here," though I have been busy.

The world is getting ready for spring, despite the recent crazy weather here (rain, snow). I did some trail maintenance at Trexler two weekends ago, basically clearing invasive brush from near the trails, and last Sunday I did some work (and got in my first ride) at the new trails being built at Nockamixon. Sweet!

Unfortunately, the industry -- my employment industry, not the bike industry -- seems to be gearing up for summer as well: I was scheduled to travel for a plant inspection this Friday, and they tacked on another trip, so here I am at the airport waiting for my first flight. I am out of town until Friday night, which is exactly why my tooth broke on the way to work this morning. Classic!

I expect to have quite a bit of downtime over the next few days, stay tuned for more updates...

1 comment:

HMK said...

Hi,
How's the tooth?
I hope you can have it capped, as long as the roots are OK
I don't like the idea of checking indide the boilers.
I hope you didn't have to do that; but then again, that's part of your responsibilities.
Rehobeth Beach was quite a ride for a good brew!
We were there en route to or from NC one vacation years back.
That computer is amazing. How quickly it helped resolve your quest.
Take it easy.