Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Standing Six Foot One

Morning weigh-in: 175.5#, 10% BF
 
Not bad, considering I had a chicken cheese steak and a couple of Black & Blues for dinner last night...
 
Yes I am back on my cheese game, and also my wheat, milk, egg, and soy games; new, more accurate allergy test results were negative for what seemed (in earlier tests) to be problem foods. I still have to deal with whatever is the root cause of my skin issue, but at least I can eat normal foods again, including my favorite: pizza. Pizza! Ahhhh, life is good, even if the scale doesn't always agree.
 
I found this out last night at the first visit to my new allergist, who was highly recommended by a friend, and I think she's going to live up to the recommendation. I was there for about three hours (the skin tests take a while) and the woman conducted a friendly & personable, but very intense, consultation/interrogation: general health, past history, current problems, things that work and things that don't. She seemed very on top of her game, almost knew ahead of time a lot of the nuances of my case. I was very impressed, and now we'll see how things pan out.
 
 Tonight is a training ride, something shorter and a little different: an hour of "endurance miles" with some intervals of high-cadence pedaling thrown in. I'll probably bust out the singlespeed and do this on the towpath, rain or shine. Gotta work these new calories off somehow.

1 comment:

HMK said...

Promising news.
I always wondered if allergy had to do with all the antibiotics I had when you were only a month conceived.
I had peritonitis, hospitalized for 12 days, not permitted to sit or walk, just lie still with an IV drip.
It's a miracle you lived.
You were a strong embryo but there may have been consequences to your immune system.