Wednesday, July 07, 2010

More Analysis: Stuff From Last Year

I thought I'd look at how I stand compared to last year at this time, at least with two common rides I do: Sals and the towpath. (I didn't start doing the Bloomsbury route until 2010 so I can't include it here.) Unfortunately, many of my rides last year were on the road, or with other people, or generally did not match the criteria I used in my previous analysis, but here are a few rides from last year for comparison.
 
Sals:
There was really only one Sals ride in June or July of 2009 that fit my previous criteria, the first one shown here.
 
Date     Avg Speed
7/7/09   6.0
7/8/09   5.6**
7/27/09  6.5**
 
The two starred rides were somewhat shorter, between 8 and 9 miles, while my previous analysis only looked at rides between 9 and 12 miles. Even so, I see that I am faster this year, by a little bit at least, for all of them.
 
Towpath:
There was only one ride that matched my previous criteria in June or July, nothing else even came close to matching.
 
Date      Avg Speed
7/10/09   15.5
 
This was a ride I did the day after Brian passed away, and I did it in his memory, and I may have worked out some emotional issues through the pedals... It's close to yesterday's pace, so maybe I can say that my general aerobic pace is comparable.
 
In terms of general mileage:
 
         Mileage in...
Month    2009   2010 
April    261    260
May      276    230
June     251    296
 
So the low mileage I was worrried about last year has repeated itself this year, but I expected that -- I have the same life this year that I had last year, and it's a different one from my lonely but higher-mileage past... We'll see if this year's more effective use of my time brings better results than last year.
 
 

No comments: