Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Sudden Silence

Morning weigh-in: 175#, 11% BF

Happy Bloomsday! Unless, of course, you're an Apple customer... (Update: they blinked.)

Anne's taking Ben back to school today (an overnight trip), and, in an unrelated show-the-flag gesture, half my department went to some prospective customer's meeting somewhere down near Houston. Suddenly it's very quiet at home and at work...

I did a "steady state power intervals" workout tonight, or at least I tried to: the first two intervals were fine and I felt pretty strong, but the third (out of a total of six) was a dud -- I had nothing, heart rate wouldn't go up, nada, zip, zilch. So, I bagged it, and cruised on home. I suspect that it's because of yesterday's ride, which was an easy spin but I pushed the schedule (ie I rode instead of rested today) so tomorrow could be a bike rest day and I could hit the gym. Oh well...

Yesterday was Brian Hahl's birthday, by the way; he would have been 51 years old. Hard to believe that surprise party was only a year ago, hard to believe it's already been a year too.

No comments: