Saturday, January 02, 2010

2010 So Far So Good

Didn't bother to weigh myself this morning, but I suspect it's gone up: we had a great little dinner party last night. We threw a pork tenderloin into the crock pot with some sauerkraut and apples (and beer), Debbie and a friend came over (with beer), and Donna and a friend of hers also came over (cookies, brie, and more beer), and we just sat around, eating, and talking, and laughing, nothing too crazy but it was a really fun evening.

Reading: I picked up a book about Byzantium in Philly last week, and it's pretty interesting to juxtapose it against David Byrne's book, as he writes about his experiences playing and cycling in Istanbul.

Listening: "Calibration" by either the Mars Volta or maybe a side project or something. Oops! Now it's Deer Tick, "Stung."

Playing: It's really cold out, maybe 25 and windy, but I think I'll be going over to Sals for a bit, I need to get out. I have to get my skis ready, this would be perfect ski weather.

I go back to work on Monday. Sigh.

1 comment:

HMK said...

Hi
Did your work move to new location? Nearby?
Pork, sauerkraut & apples & beer is a great dish.
Think we'll do that soon.
I have a lot of writing to do.
I chose topic Epiphany because I was inspired but I forget the inspiration! Now 5 other people are trying to write on the subject too.
Oh well!
Hope the transition to work isn't too traumatic after this nice vacation period. All kids in family share that sentiment.