Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Red Queen's Race

Morning weigh-in: 178.5#, 11.5% BF
 
Checking in, recording the weight, staying on top of my daily spew, etc...
 
I set up some goals at the Garmin website, and I've been under the gun to try to keep up with them: I'm currently on target for my December running goal, but my cycling goals are weekly and, thought they're not overly ambitious (100 miles this week and next, for example), it's a little hard to stay on top of them with the recent weather (and all my other distractions) -- and each week the grind starts over.
 
Meantime, I went to yoga last night -- I am falling behind there too, and I'm getting really tight again. That abandoned missive I was writing touched on this: a lot of things got me where I am right now (ie with Anne), some of which -- like Which Brew or Christian Springs -- are gone, but that's OK because they were like booster stages or something, they fulfilled their tasks. I think I could even lose bicycling (another thing that brought us together) and keep moving forward, and that's saying something... Yoga is different: it helped me be emotionally capable of being in a relationship, and maybe the changes were permanent, but if my body can return to graceless stiffness, maybe my soul can too. This is something I have to stay on top of.
 
Yoga last night, and this morning was another run (3.25 miles, 36 minutes), and tonight is the gym, a place I haven't seen in more than two weeks -- spot a pattern?
 
In other news: My skin has been very dry and itchy lately, which is my excuse to post this.
 
Winter Project: I think it selected itself, I've been playing with GRASS quite a bit lately, mostly with my maps of Walking Purchase Park.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's ironic that you can learn a lot about yourself when writing essays- the little voice inside grows and grows and reveals yourself to you.

HMK said...

That was me!

HMK said...

Body, mind & spirit (YMCA logo) are so interwoven, you have to keep consistently exercising all 3 to keep up a peak level.