Friday, September 18, 2009

Still Tired...

Morning weigh-in: 176.5#, 11% BF
 
...but what a difference a day makes, yadda yadda. I think I got the rest I needed, or at least some of it.
 
Short work day yesterday because of Raj's funeral. (I had a very surreal moment driving on the interstate in mid-afternoon, heading to Allentown for the funeral and listening to Tracy Ullman's "They Don't Know," it felt like I was in some kind of Mob movie or something.) This was the first Indian funeral/wake I've ever been to, and I had no idea what to expect, but with few exceptions -- the crowd was huge, and we sprinkled flower petals on Raj's feet -- it was standard fare, just a room full of people hanging out and grieving together. It was actually a combined viewing and funeral; I was there mainly for the viewing and left just before the start of the service proper.
 
I had a little free time afterward, so on my way to the gym I stopped at home and changed, and I also took a little time to move that MTO program a little further down the line. I got a chance to use it the other day in its incomplete form, and I think doing the final parts by hand told me what my next steps would have to be in the program. I should be done by the time I retire.
 
After that I hit the gym, where I did OK and felt fine, then went back home where Judy, Erika and Sally were visiting with Anne and Emmi. They'd been out to dinner at a local Middle Eastern restaurant and had some Turkish coffee, so the conversation was unusually vivacious...
 
A little socializing with the ladies, a little more programming after they left, and an early bedtime; tonight is the towpath and a visit to the Greek Food Festival, but I'm going to shoot for another early night.
 
You Down With OCD? I've been trying to floss regularly as a part of the new dental leaf I've turned over, and found the perfect way to get it done: I bought a pack of those flossing picks and brought them to work, where instead of idly chewing on pencils, I now idly floss as I do my thing.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patent that last idea!!!

Or at least submit to a magazine!

May I on your behalf?

Don said...

I tbink you'll have a problem with "prior art" from the toothpick industry!