Friday, January 02, 2009

Just A Few Quick Blogging Moments

Anne's doing the crossword puzzle, Ben's eating breakfast, and Emmi and I are both tapping away on our laptops... Anne and I are going down to Jackson soon for a belated Christmas visit with my parents, but I have a few minutes before we have to get ready.

Plenty of stuff has happened since my last post, but not much that could be called unexpected. I rode Sals on New Year's Eve, an afternoon ride and my last one for 2008, then we had a small dinner party: the crew here, plus Judy and Erica & Toby; we made pizza and had a lot of laughs. After they took off we went to Brew Works (where we were not quite dressed like all the "Black Party with DJ and Champagne" attendees), met Donna and her BF, then when Emmi came by we headed downtown, and saw the annual Dropping of the Peep. Happy New Year! By the way, it was freezing and extremely windy.

Yesterday I did another ride at Sals, my first for 2009, and hooked up with Rich and a friend of his, a downhill guy named Kevin. Still really cold, but the wind had died down, and the trail conditions were awesome, the best they'd been in months. Dinner was the traditional PA Dutch New Year's Day dinner (pork and sauerkraut). I was feeling a little ratty lung-wise, so I crashed for a bit, then we went out but Downtown Bethlehem was closed, dead, and deserted... We stopped into the only place open, the Hotel Bethlehem, and had a quiet beer before calling it an evening.

No comments: