Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Tired

Morning weigh-in: 163.5#, 7.5% BF
 
Rode last night, towpath and Sals. I got in a pretty hot lap down to Sals, and then ran into Eric R (on his singlespeed, since he cracked another frame on his main bike), kept up the hot lap for the Orange and Upper Red Trails, but then ran out of steam just before hitting the Spanky, which is where we picked up Dave L. I faded pretty hard, started screwing up on the rocks, and just decided to call it a day -- when we reached the start of the switchback I bailed. I was pretty whooped, but I noticed on the ride home that I was riding the towpath and a few of the hills (on the road) faster, and in bigger gears, fallout from the adjusted foot position I've been working on. (I've been riding with my heels down to get a longer power stroke, but I'm having trouble doing it in the technical stuff.) Bike rode well, but I still have a few kinks to work out, including a very annoying squeak and some cable routing issues.
 
Dinner was at the Brew Works, tonight is the early (and short) "Yoga Blast" class, followed by a barbecue.

No comments: