Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Parson's Tale

Morning weigh-in: 165#, 8.5% BF
 
There are a lot of religious guys here at work, though (as someone on the Internet once put it) it's more a community than a theology thing. My old group seemed to lean rather heavily Baptist, at least on the Project Management side, but this new group I'm in skews more Catholic than anything else. There's one guy who now sits near me, one of the ones I'm talking about, who reminds me of Parsons from Orwell's 1984. Big rotund guy, loud, everything he does is a chuckleheaded commotion -- and I swear the guy has sleep apnea even when he's awake. Uh, hang tough Donny Satyagraha, this ain't even in the same league as sitting near Snot Boy.
 
Yoga last night, and tonight is the "hard road ride." I was planning to hit yoga tomorrow as well, but I may finally get around to that towpath/Sals thing. That's supposed to be my secret weapon this training season, and I haven't even started yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Religious groups have appeared to me to be more communal (familial & comforting) rather than spiritual.
In this aspect, religions serve a good/essential purpose.

Don said...

Strange thing to say, given what I linked to!