Monday, May 05, 2008

Dead Calm

Morning weigh-in: 164.5#, 10% BF
 
Happy Beltane! Just walked past the lobby here at work, noticed that the flags are hanging straight down. It looks totally windless out, blue skies and sunny and I'm not riding tonight -- it ain't discipline, I'm just tired from yesterday. I'll hit yoga class tonight and call it "active rest." Last night's dinner was black beans with a bit of salad, tonight's will probably be something Mexican.
 
My friend Scott rode in with me this morning; he bicycled over from Nazareth, and I gave him a lift the rest of the way. He just got back from Sri Lanka and India, and I got to hear about some of his adventures. He says he saw places that looked like Costa Rica and even Moab, but didn't do much biking, just some running and a lot of yoga.
 
Ladies, Don't Drink The Water! I think the fertility clinic must have had a wastewater spill, and it got into the drinking supply -- there are two women out on maternity at Easton Yoga (three counting Kelly who just had her baby); I saw Weyerbacher-back-in-the-day barmaids Cara and Rachael the other day, and both were close to due; and I expect to hear something from Jeff and Tracy about their new addition any day now. On the way in to work today, we listened to Social Distortion (one of Jeff & Tracy's favorite bands), to send them some good vibes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring is in the air- it's the birthing season.
When is Michaux?

Anonymous said...

You know Tyrone (from D&L's party and, perhaps, from before that)? His wife just gave birth to twins.. a boy and a girl. Problem is they weren't due until the end of July. AND, in the process of delivering, evidently, things didn't go well for Tiffany. Ty said he's not the kind who scares easily, but Tiffany's pressure dropped pretty low. One look at her as they pushed her past him, and he knew she was in a very bad way. Very scary time for them and the babies. According to Ty, the babies will be kept in the hospital for five weeks. They're also keeping Tiffany longer than usual after delivery. Good luck to all, with the hope that everything ends on a much happier note than it started.

Don said...

Michaux was great, as Iknow you know...
Doug was telling me about Tyrone's wife's situation. Pretty scary, but I'm sure things will work out.