Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pack And Go

Morning weigh-in: 166.5#, 8.5% BF (not bad considering I ate an entire Pepperoni pizza last night)
 
Wheels Go Around In Circles: So it turns out that the fork I want (the Fox TALAS) is basically unavailable anywhere, and is on backorder nationwide -- I will not see mine until the 16th. But that's OK, I can borrow Doug's spare fork in the meantime. I was over there last night, we swapped out the forks and I started to realize that maybe the TALAS was a bit more than I wanted -- the pressure was off, I could think rationally again, and I noticed that I never actually used the length adjustability feature on my current fork. Several people had suggested the FS 100 RLC as an alternate, the main difference between that and the TALAS being that the TALAS was adjustable. OK, I don't use the adjustability, so I called the bike shop this morning and changed my order -- and it turns out, they have my new choice in stock. Oh well, I arrived at this point in a roundabout fashion, but if I'd made this decision yesterday I'd already have my new shock...
 
The hell of it is, I am about to go through the same thing with my riding glasses (ditto my regular glasses), my crank/BB, my riding shoes... hey, I notice I don't own a suit anymore...
 
Tonight is voting, drycleaning, the gym, then Which Brew for dinner. Tomorrow we go to North Carolina, next week is Michaux, and the following weekend is the PA trail summit in State College.
 
If I get a moment to breathe, maybe someday I'll get some mathematical biology off my chest...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you feel confident about the person you'll be voting for? We're going to vote tonight, and I'm STILL vascillating. I have my likes and dislikes for Hillary and Obama. I can't seem to get past my disappointment in Hillary for voting in favor of the war, but I also worry that Obama doesn't have the experience he needs to beat McCain, especially when I hear that, if he wins the nomination, there are democrats who plan to vote for McCain instead. What a dilemma! I thought by now I'd be absolutely sure about my vote, but I'm not.

Don said...

Oh I am 100% Obama. They are both fairly close in terms of policy, except foreign policy, where she's wrong and he's right. (Also, I am not too happy with her "screw everything, as long as I win" approach -- if this goes to the convention she may wreck the party and she pretty much can't win the nomination without that happening.) Those "Democrats" who said that are probably all named Lieberman.

Anonymous said...

Obama's ability to beat McCain is what worries me most, yet you seem very confident. That's encouraging. Thanks. This little conversation helped both me AND Joe.