Monday, February 18, 2008

Groundhog Day!

Morning weigh-in: 166.5#, 10.5% BF (been there, done that)
 
Does She Still Hang On The Western Wall? I may be going to Italy this Fall, a group trip to Florence/Tuscany: Porter's Pub usually does a trip or two every year to Europe, and they were talking it up the last few days. (So far it's just word of mouth, and the trip is almost booked up.) I've never been on any of their trips but this one looks too good to pass up. I better get my act together, I'll need to update my passport etc, make the commitment for real before the trip fills up, maybe learn a little Italian or something. Tuscany is supposed to be awesome, and Rome is only three hours away by train but the big selling point for me will be Florence and the Uffizzi, where among other things I hope to be able to see a certain painting... Vhiesshu, Venezuela, Vesuvius, Venus on the Half Shell... I'll also be looking into some bicycling day tours.
 
Chew On This: A friend sent me this video and petition about the recent beef recall. You should go there and sign the petition, but if you watch the video be ready to be outraged.
 
Tonight is the gym, tomorrow may be yoga. Or vice versa.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it!
It's beautiful there.
The Coughlins have returned to Tuscany several times & Florence is full of art.
Rome will be spectacular!
Fr Bev. has his own chapel there somewhere, given when ordained a Cardinal.

Anonymous said...

The trip sounds AWESOME! I'd try to teach you some Italian, but Sicilian is a totally different dialect from Northern Italy....and I only know a little anyway. But I do envy you........and I want to see a ton of pictures!!!

I got the same email you're talking about, signed it and passed it on. I am defintely outraged!

Don said...

I signed up for the BBC's free internet-based language lessons -- Italian in 12 weeks, with a bit of British blither to my accent.

Anonymous said...

You can get audio tapes in library which teach conversational Italian (or any language).
I listened to them in French recently in order to keep up with Christopher who is very good in French.
And in case I win the lottery & go to Paris!
What do you know of Turtle Island String Quartet?
We're going to Brandywine Valley this week to see them play an interpretation of John Coltrane's classic "A Love Supreme." O?N Hilton Garden Hotel in nearby quaint town, then home again.

Don said...

All I know about them is what I just learned from Wikipedia. Have a good time, sounds like fun!