Thursday, December 06, 2007

Lotka-Volterra Redux

Morning weigh-in: 166.5#, 11.5% BF (OK back to square one)
 
Bought a few Christmas presents for myself from Amazon, two books on matrix methods in population modeling. (Basically, we're talking computational biology, methods for modeling ecological systems.) They should arrive tonight, and my "winter finger exercise" project will be ready to start -- I want to make a generalized predator-prey population model, with multiple predators and prey, food chains, competition for food etc. I'll probably do it in Octave.
 
First will be the gym after another late night here, alterna-workout nite, then a possible stop at WB -- I always remember Mike, and toast him with a drink there, on his anniversary. It'll be a quick pit stop though, just in and out. I want to do some car cleaning tonight, get it ready for trade-in, sale, or junking as the case may be.
 
One other thing I now have, at least temporarily: a rental car. Some Ford econo-box, good enough for my purposes; it was waiting for me at enterprise when my carpool buddy dropped me off.
 
Last night was yoga -- lotsa cute petunias, but I was the lonely onion in the petunia patch, no other guys and I felt very conspicuous. Dinner was leftover tuna/pasta/greens/garlic, not sure what tonight's dinner will be though there's still more of that stuff left.

No comments: