Saturday, December 15, 2007

Happy Easter!

Found an Easter egg last night, in fact two of them: playing an old CD on my new car's stereo, and when it got to the end there were two tracks I'd never heard before. This was a Fu Manchu CD from 2000 or so, and I'd played it to death years ago -- it seemed impossible that I wouldn't know every note of every song on it, let alone finding two whole unfamiliar songs. Turns out they were bonus tracks in MP3 format, and since I now have an MP3 player built in to the car stereo, it just played them like the others. Well whaddaya know...

Anyway, rode last night with Larry, then caught Steve McDaniels at Which Brew, plus a little bit of Post Junction at Porters. This morning was yoga and then the gym; now I'm getting ready for the Picatinny Arsenal mountain-biking engineers Christmas dinner -- Joe & Dawn both work there, and I ride (and hang) with that crew on occasion.

And finally, your word for today is ergodicity -- that's the term that describes a population model's independence between initial conditions and long-term results. The example I was playing with the other day was not very ergodic.

No comments: