Monday, November 26, 2007

Why, It's A NATIONAL HOLIDAY In Pennsylvania!

Morning Weigh-in: 166.5#, 8% BF
 
The long weekend is over, now it's time for back-to-work. I noticed that the roads were a little less busy this morning, and then I remembered that today is opening day for rifle season. Not a good idea to go into the woods, except on Sundays, for the next two weeks.
 
Return of the Grievous Angel: I'm a hurting puppy today; yesterday's ride -- on top of everything else -- took more out of me than I realized. We rode at a fairly good pace, and since I could keep Joe in my sights most of the time I hammered extra-hard to keep up.
 
This is the time of the year that his asthma holds him back, and I make the annual mistake of thinking "wow I'm better than I thought," until his lungs thaw out and my bubble gets re-burst in springtime, but I do think I was riding a lot better than usual yesterday, noticeably so, and so it was very gratifying that Joe noticed and complimented me on my weight/riding. Got a couple of compliments from others on Thursday's ride too, so I'm pretty stoked, and also pretty motivated to continue doing the right things.
 
Interesting conversation on the drive home yesterday: Joe went back to school recently, and we noticed the parallels between his school decision and experiences, and my own with the training. Knowing the right thing to do for a while, then suddenly the time just came to do it... also, how much harder it turned out to be than expected.
 
The next level in my program is coming, and it means giving up a few things that I like, such as the pub scene, and it also means becoming a bit of an asshole about the training and the cutting back on the nightlife. Just warning y'all ahead of time...
 
Tonight is yoga, then Thanksgiving leftovers.

No comments: