Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Standard "Weekend Update" Post

Friday night I saw Brujos at Which Brew, also drank some beer and ate some cake for T's 50th birthday party. Late night, but not too late because I had big plans...

Saturday: It's rare that I seize a day as thoroughly as I did this one. Yoga in the early morning, then breakfast at Coffee Exchange (saw some bikers getting ready to ride Sals, basked in a little "thank you Mr. Trailbuilder" adulation), hit the gym for a monster workout, then went and rode Jacobsburg with Larry and Pete. Which Brew again to catch Trouble City All Stars, and finished the night at a friend's backyard bon-voyage bonfire for his girlfriend, who is relocating to Colorado. Walked there, arrived after midnight, got home at 4:00 AM -- didn't think I still had it in me to do that.

Sunday morning I got a call from Joe G: he was doing homework right then, but wanted to ride at Deer Park (aka Allamuchy South) in the afternoon. We got there at around 2:00, rode until almost dark -- we were out for about three hours, but our actual ride time was maybe 1:45, and we rode about 18 miles. A pretty good ride actually, especially for something out of the blue like that. Some new stuff over there too, or at least new to me, fun and technical.

Now I'm just kicking back, doing laundry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mom's turkey looks perfect...like something in a tv commercial. And your parents' new home has an open concept. Nice!

Gee, I was gonna exercise today; but it sounds like you did enough for both of us! We traded our Elliptical in for a treadmill. I know you find them boring; however, the Elliptical started taking its toll on our knees. Joe has bad knees to begin with, so we decided to trade. Of course, we lost quite a bit of $$ in the process; but ya do what ya have to do. Actually, I don't find it any more boring than the Elliptical.
They're EQUALLY boring.