Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Watch The World Die

Morning weigh-in: 167#, 9.5% BF
 
It was strange on Sunday how warm and pleasant it was. We were joking about global warming as we rode, but it was obvious that the insects were all discombobulated, and then we started talking about colony collapse disorder... It really wasn't that unusually warm, but it did seem like we were in the middle of a swan song, one last kiss before the end. It's probably just winter approaching, but I could think of  worse ways to live out the end of the world than watching it from the woods.
 
Speaking of woods and the world's end, here are some dispatches from the current apocalypse. Good luck, Tbogg.
 
Last night was "active rest:" beginner yoga; it was a nice class with a pretty big turnout. I hit Porters afterward, for dinner and Monday Night Football. Not exactly the most exciting I ever saw, but I stuck around until the end anyway. Saw Eamon and Kateryna (best guesses on spelling) towards the end; they bought me a drink, so I bought them drinks, and then I absconded -- they're bartenders, night owls, I couldn't let things get too late on a school night...
 
Went home right after the game, late but reasonable -- then I blew it by posting my R.B. Winter photos on flickr, playing with computer until 1:30 or so. Enjoy the photos, morning wake-up was easy but I'm hurting now.
 
Tonight is the gym, then probably an early bedtime.
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so very depressing to think we're over the brink in reclaiming our Earth.
I cannot really focus on the future anymore because of our little kids in the family.
It's too frightening and breaks my heart.
What is left when hope is gone?

The climate change has been initiated and the consequences flow.
Can we adapt?
Is water the new oil?

Anonymous said...

The view from the vista is gorgeous. I wonder how the Poconos look right now. Although I love the paint-box colors this time of year, I still prefer spring, when everything seems to come alive again. Fall is my second choice. I can do without summer and winter altogether. Thanks for the pics, Don.

Don said...

You're welcome!

I'd say the Poconos are peaking right now, based on what I saw on I-80 Sunday. Bust a move if you want to see it!

Seasons: I like them all, but spring & fall are my faves.

Hope: It's not hopeless even now.