Thursday, June 07, 2007

Been Thinking Again About The Stealth Apocalypse

Morning weigh-in: 175.5#, 13% BF

"If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man."
-- Albert Einstein (attributed)

Anyway, good ride last night, Round Valley with Kevin McGatha. Mechanical problems prevented me from climbing the second of the Three Sisters hills, but other than that (and of course the "impossible" entrance section) I rode everything there; I'm actually surprised at how well I'm doing on climbs like Anaerobic Detour these days. Too bad I blew chunks at the end of the ride -- some pollen towards the end made me get all phlegmy & post-nasal. It was weird, with a very sudden onset; I coughed so hard I ended up gagging.

Pushing thru the market square, so many mothers sighing
News had just come over, we had five years left to cry in
News guy wept and told us, earth was really dying
Cried so much his face was wet, then I knew he was not lying
-- David Bowie, "Five Years"

No comments: