Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Inner Voices

Morning weigh-in (Tuesday): 186.5#, 11.5% BF

What Once Was Sacred Ground:I posted more photos, this time from my ride at Round Valley last Sunday. I'm closing in on 1000 photos on flickr, so I may may start padding my photo posting just a bit...

Songs From The Heart, Or At Least The Lungs: A lot of times when I ride I get a song in my head, and it's almost always been the same one lately: a sort of stately andante-paced thing, french horns and other non-brassy brass parts, kind of repetitive but with the melody or progression carried by the inner voices. I realized the other day that this song was actually in tune with my breathing on climbs. I wish I could get this out on paper, or make it happen in the real world.

And Speaking Of "Inner Voices:" Monday night was yoga class, and the class was packed. Lot of newcomers, maybe a bit of a New Year's resolution crowd, but also some workshop will be practicing in this class as well. (Different teacher too, one who takes a more physically strenuous approach.) Anyway, among these new people were two friends, girls who bartend at Which Brew, who thank goodness were not near me in class -- someone passed wind in class towards the end, and I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing, especially knowing that they were stifling themselves on the other side of the room... Hey, I guess gas happens -- it happened to me my first class, and the toughest thing I ever did was go to the second class -- and you can be mature about it, but not on "no laughing in church" day. I saw them later at Mug Club Night, and there was much juvenile snickering.

No comments: